My nephew was born last Monday. I've known since before moving to Boston that this day would come. And that it would be difficult. But I honestly didn't know how difficult. If I'd known, I would have bought an airline ticket. But then again, we're in school and right now, a plane ticket (for me and HD) is just not in the budget.
I have spent the last week trying not to think about where I'm not. I've gone into Boston, because I love it there. I've tried to plan fun activities. But today, when everyone else was arriving in Utah, it's been yucky weather and HD is sick. And I've had laundry and grocery shopping. No fun-ness around here. And I've let it get the best of me. It's been a yucky day. And I'm still trying not to think about it. And failing. Still thinking about it. All. day. long.
Here's hoping for a better day tomorrow. Hoping.
1 comment:
So sorry Rachel. I know the feeling. Though it sucks to feel so crappy, you just got to let yourself to some degree. It shows you're human and reminds you how much you love your family! I hope you're doing better now though! If not call me up. We can feel far away from loved ones together!
Post a Comment