Since E-man's birthday fell on a Sunday, in addition to being Independence Day, it was little tricky trying to figure out what to do. We went through a number of options - celebrating on Saturday or Monday, going into the city, having lots of friends, having a few friends, having no friends, etc. In the end, I think it turned out perfect.
We wore our Sunday (and patriotic) best...

Opened presents (before and after church)...




Had our friends the Marshalls over (although we didn't get any pictures of them...so bummed!).
Ate cake...
I have to say, this for me, was the crowning jewel of E-man's birthday. I spent all day Saturday working on the cake and all night Saturday night decorating the cupcakes. Thanks to my friend Kristin for letting me borrow her awesome ball pan, and colors, and tips and everything else. And for coming over to help me put it all together. It was so great to have her help. I really, really LOVED the cake. I was giddy about it and was so excited for E-man to see it.
He wasn't sure what to think at first but then the dug in. It was yummy and I think he enjoyed every last bite.



And watched fireworks (all for my boy of course!)...more on that later.
It really was a fun day for all of us. I can't believe my baby is one. What a sweet, sweet boy. I can't get enough of him!



2 comments:
Oh my gosh. That cake is AMAZING!
Happy Birthday Ethan! And nice cake! I love it!
Post a Comment