Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Kayaking on the Charles River

Matt and I have wanted to do this since we moved here, but since we got here in October, we put it off until this summer. And then summer was so busy and my son was so attached! But he recently decided that it was okay for me to leave him with someone else and that he wouldn't freak out. And I have an awesome friend (thank you Kristin) who was willing to watch the kids for an entire afternoon. And Matt had a free afternoon. And I got a great deal on kayak rentals.

So since the stars all aligned, we headed out for a 4-mile kayaking trip. It was awesome. The weather was perfect - mid 80s and sunny with a few fluffy clouds. We got two kayaks so we could ride side by side. We had so much fun and were sad to see it end. Here are a few pictures of our outing....








2 comments:

Lindsay @ Diary of a Crafty Lady said...

Rachel, I have wanted to do this so bad! Where did you go to rent? Did you have a coupon? Were you out on the water for the whole 4 hours?! I have often wondered if it is worth the price, and getting the babysitter for that long and everything - but it always looks so fun.
Lindsay (used to be in the ward:) )

Anonymous said...

So glad you did it! Now you have to still go out one of these nights!!