Monday, September 27, 2010

Wicked 1/2 Marathon

After three months and nearly 200 training miles, I ran the Wicked 1/2 Marathon on Saturday. I ran with three girls and one guy from our ward. It was a crazy race! The humidity was almost 90% when we started. The hills weren't intense, but there were a lot of them. It was a pretty course around three peninsula's of Salem, MA. I ran faster than I've run any previous races, knocking 23 minutes off my half marathon time and setting a PR. I was thrilled!

It was fun to run a race with friends, and it was great to have Matt and E-man at the finish line waiting for me. (HD spent the night at a friend's house.) And now that I've gotten a couple nights of sleep and a chance to rest my legs, I'm ready for my next race. I'm serious. I've already been looking for a good one in the area. I'd really like to do another half before winter comes, but haven't had a lot of luck in finding non-Sunday races. Suggestions?

And here are a few race pictures. Thanks Matt for being my official athletic photographer!
Before the race.

Crossing the finish line. Focus, focus, focus.

All of after the race.

With Kristin's medal. They ran out of medals so hopefully mine will be mailed soon!

With my cheering section!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes you seriously rocked it! Next time I bet you do EVEN better! Yahoo for PRs! Oh and way to not slog!! :) I'll train with you any time!